Welcome to CORE
Now that you're in college, the types of research, papers, presentations, and projects you will be doing requires the utilization of information sources that are typical and inherent in the academic environment. This tutorial provides key strategies and techniques to help you succeed in the environment. Throughout the tutorial you will learn about:
- Planning a project.
- Identifying information sources.
- Utilizing search strategies.
- Evaluating sources.
- Using information ethically.
The overall goals of the CORE tutorial are to help you:
- Use the Purdue Libraries comfortably and effectively.
- Determine what kinds of resources are found in academic libraries.
- Gain confidence in retrieving and managing information resources.
- Develop critical thinking skills to analyze and evaluate information.
- Conduct successful research that culminates in a finished project.